Friday, September 6, 2013

The very best cuisine

I saw a list of the 50 best foods of the world published by CNN in 2011.

CNN: World's 50 best foods

I have not eaten lots of the foods in this list yet, although I think it is valid.

This is the list I have already eaten.
(*This list will be updated continuously.)

50. Buttered popcorn, United States
48. Potato chips, United States
47. Seafood paella, Spain
46. Som tam, Thailand
45. Chicken rice, Singapore
43. Tacos, Mexico
38. French toast, Hong Kong
34. Maple syrup, Canada
33. Fish ‘n’ chips, Britain
32. Ankimo, Japan
31. Parma ham, Italy
29. Ohmi-gyu beef steak, Japan
28. Pho, Vietnam
23. Lasagna, Italy
22. Brownie and vanilla ice cream, global
21. Croissant, France
18. Kebab, Iran
16. Egg tart, Hong Kong
14. Donuts, United States
9. Ice cream, United States
8. Tom yum goong, Thailand
6. Hamburger, Germany
5. Peking duck, China
4. Sushi, Japan
3. Chocolate, Mexico
2. Neapolitan pizza, Italy
1. Massaman curry, Thailand

Massaman curry, the top item of the list, I ate just several days ago for the first time at Shibuya. Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo.
It was quite delicious. Massaman curry is categorized in red curry but it tastes sweet, rather than spicy. Perhaps coconut milk included makes it mild. Almost everyone may accept its taste. However, I think that some kind of Indian curry is more delicious than Massaman.

I would like to eat rest foods in the list someday.

1 comment:

  1. >29. Ohmi-gyu beef steak, Japan

    I have not eaten it! :-)

    Peet

    ReplyDelete